Business Development Representative
Our client is one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies in their specialized sector in Consumer Goods. They have partnered with Lock Search Group to find the right Business Development Representative to join their inside sales team in a stimulating and challenging role. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, you will be focused on building relationships within Brick and Mortar Retail and our client’s E-Commerce partners. The position provides a solid base salary, commission and a great opportunity for career development.
Working full time out of the Richmond office you will be responsible for managing a customer portfolio of current accounts and tasked with developing new customers across independent and banner stores in North America. As a successful candidate, you will have an innate drive for success built on a foundation of being organized and proficient.
- High volume of daily calls to current customers
- Sourcing new sales lead through outbound calls and emails
- Work directly with the Sales Leader on strategic mapping for new business
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest for Spice Box Books products
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets
- Opportunity to represent the company at industry events and trade shows
- Work with internal teams on forecasting, shipping and delivery to key customers
- Communicate key customer needs and development opportunities to share with the sales team
- 2+ years of experience in an Inside Sales Role and experience within a CPG environment. Experience in Toys and Gifts an asset.
- Post-secondary education in business, sales, marketing management or relevant work experience
- Strong background in full-cycle sales and sales processes coupled with an understanding of Marketing and Branding in a consumer-packaged goods environment
- Valid passport, ability to travel internationally
- Process management and implementation experience. CRM experience valued
- Strategic and agile when implementing and developing new initiatives. Team player, humble and collaborative
- Knowledge of traditional CPG distribution channels
- Clear, confident communication and presentation skills
Ready to take on a new challenge? Looking forward to chatting!
Ryan Berrecloth | firstname.lastname@example.org | 604-639-3714