Facility and Building Maintenance Supervisor - Vancouver
Our client is an innovative manufacturer and leader within their sector. They have engaged and retained Cameron Lappin of the Lock Search Group to help them find an accomplished, driven, and experienced Facility and Building Maintenance Supervisor to manage their building in Vancouver, BC.
As the Facility and Building Maintenance Supervisor, you will be overseeing the general facility management for a robust and fast paced production facility. Our client is all about taking a proactive approach and is looking for an individual with the same mindset. If you are looking to join a company that offers a supportive growth environment and in a very fast-paced environment, you may be a fit for this position.
In addition, you will:
- Oversee and manage the general maintenance and operation of the building, and building systems; as well, grounds, equipment, and hardware by utilizing efficient planning and scheduling and ensuring work is completed according to applicable regulations and standards
- Perform minor building and property maintenance and repairs
- Schedule and assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing, HVAC repairs and vendors (i.e. waste disposal, coffee service, janitorial, etc) when required
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (i.e. properly dispose of recycling in the yard, shovelling snow, taking vehicles in for maintenance)
- Oversee building security and protocols
To qualify for this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 3+ years as a Facility Supervision, preferably over a building in the manufacturing sector
- Experience in developing goals, priorities and expectations and action plans and strategies based on organization needs
- The ability to prepare and present recommendations to coworkers and decision makers
extremely strong organizational and analytical skills
- The suitable candidate must be organized, well-spoken and familiar with working in a fast-paced environment
**Experience creating preventative maintenance programs for equipment is not a requirement (nor requested) for this position. This position has no equipment oversight responsibilities.
Our client provides a strong compensation and benefits package; in addition, a culture and working environment that is collaborative and team-oriented. If the opportunity to become an integral part an industry leading company, is of interest to you, please reply in confidence.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.