Our client is currently seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented research scientist to join their biology department and help advance their portfolio of synthetic lethal cancer therapies.
The individual should have substantial experience in cell-based assays and functional experience in molecular biology and biochemistry. The candidate will be responsible for establishing cellular, biochemical, and mechanism of action (MoA) studies to profile small molecule compounds and to validate novel targets in cancer. Candidates must have the ability to communicate clearly, collaborate and enjoy a fast-paced and hands-on research environment.
- Independently develop & execute cellular and biochemical assays in support of target ID/validation and Lead ID/Lead Opt activities;
- Interrogate the mechanism of action of small molecules inhibitors on cell proliferation, cell cycle & apoptosis endpoints using various methods;
- Perform target validation studies using shRNA/siRNA & CRISPR technology;
- Execute a wide array of technical methods including molecular biology (cloning, PCR, QPCR, western blot) and cell culture (cancer cell lines, primary cells & animal tissue processing etc.);
- Establish procedures for new assays and be responsible for calculating and reporting data and procedures in an electronic lab book;
- Critically analyze and interpret data using various software, and effectively document and communicate results to a variety of audiences.
- MSc or PhD Degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology or biochemistry;
- At least 3 years of experience in drug discovery in a pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/contract research organization setting (CRO)/ academic platform;
- Knowledge in DNA repair & cancer biology is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and reporting is required;
- Strong analytical capabilities with understanding of early drug discovery is essential;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills (lab book, experimental design, reagent cataloging, etc.);
- Excellent teamwork approach – work as part a cross-functional team including biologists, medicinal chemists and structural biologists.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Céline Chabée at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.