Senior Production Supervisor – Manufacturing
Our client is a leading manufacturer in the consumer, building products sector. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Production Supervisor to join their facility located in the Fraser Valley Region.
As the Senior Production Supervisor, you will oversee the operations of the plant and work to ensure that efficient production of desired quality is achieved. You will be accountable for ensuring a safe working environment, overseeing production operations, and ensuring adherence to production specifications and quality standards are met to maximize customer satisfaction and organizational objectives.
- Supervise, schedule, manage and motivate a team of hourly production employees (union)
- Participate in developing training programs for employees in their department
- Participate and support all health and safety programs and initiatives
- Track record of introducing continuous improvement initiatives…lean thinking
- Coordinate production operations; maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations
- Enforce plant safety regulations, including good housekeeping practices, and encourage employees to become safety conscious
- Maintain effective quality procedures and standards are met – promote an expectation of quality to the team
- Resolve work and equipment problems through observation and monitoring production data and recommend measures to improve productivity, improve product quality and reduce costs
- Coordinate with Purchasing, Inventory and Shipping and Receiving departments as required to meet fast-paced shipment requirements
- Work with, and promote KPI’s and metrics to drive efficiency and results
We are looking for a creative and strong leader with a strong sense of urgency. A strong communicator with the ability to coach and hold their team accountable, while can see future risks and develop formal policies and procedures in order mitigate obstacles. Someone who has previous experience in the manufacturing in an assembly, or push/pull setting would be an excellent fit.
We are seeking a positive and hard-working professional with the following:
- MUST have 3+ years of union supervisory/management experience – inevitably experience managing, leading and coaching teams
- Knowledge of computer applications, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to be a change agent, and lead culture change in a factory ‘manufacturing’ setting
- Flexibility to lead both day, afternoon and graveyard shifts – comfortable in a rotation
Our client is offering an excellent salary and bonus program, benefits, industry leading RRSP contribution plan, as well the opportunity to grow professionally within a company.
If the opportunity is of interest to you, please reply in confidence to Cameron Lappin at email@example.com or click the "Apply" button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.