Our client, a world leader in the energy and automation industry, is looking for a Site Manager for their brand new, state-of-the-art research centre in Montreal.
The Manager will have the dual role of lab manager and test campaign leader for the R&D test activities for the development of smart, connected valves and actuators for energy-efficient building control applications. They will oversee a laboratory test team including test engineers and technicians. He or she will be responsible for lab scheduling, balancing and prioritization of lab equipment and personnel to meet critical project needs.
- Execute test campaigns, component and product verification and validation testing.
- Propose and develop testing solutions to deliver new product or applications, perform failure analysis, troubleshoot field complaints, etc.
- Leverage strong application knowledge to optimize test routines, minimize test costs, and provide timely feedback to engineering teams and leadership.
- Manage the evolution of laboratory equipment, software, and personnel to support future needs.
- Participate in test plan writing, guide execution, and delivery of test reports to stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with Developers, Product Owners, Quality Leads, and Product Architects to fully understand application and testing goals to determine appropriate test methodologies and test standards.
- Ensure necessary equipment calibrations documented and applicable compliance to standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, multidisciplinary, or electrical engineering.
- Advanced engineering degree, professional engineering license, or MBA, an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical product engineering experience related to electromechanical, hydronic, and/or embedded product development.
- 3 years engineering laboratory or laboratory management experience involving relevant technologies.
- Significant experience with LabView or other test automation software.
- Experience with planning and testing multiple technologies including hydronic valves, valve and damper electromechanical actuators, digital control systems and sensors, a major asset.
- Ability to identify and leverage external resources and capabilities when necessary and efficient.
- Ability to lead laboratory automation, and best practices to drive efficiency.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume directly to Patrick Parent at email@example.com, indicating “Site Manager—Test Engineering” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.