Our client, a Canadian leader in commercial insurance, is looking for a Commercial Underwriter with experience in the automotive sector, to join their team.
The Underwriter will use company policies and procedures to review and assess claims and determine risk, extent of coverage and premiums for the purpose of accepting or rejecting claims. With a client portfolio comprising large and/or complex accounts, the person will use their technical underwriting sales experience, business acumen and autonomy to achieve corporate goals.
- Apply standard rates, calculate premiums, and underwrite new business, renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Assess and evaluate more complex risks and apply effective pricing and underwriting standards.
- Liaison with brokers/agents to verify information, explain and interpret coverage
- Develop superior relationships.
- Underwrites manually rated policies.
- College or University degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in underwriting.
- Experience in commercial underwriting.
- CIP or working towards completing CIP.
- Bilingualism in French and English, verbal & written
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A high standard of service in handling queries on new accounts
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and computer skills.
Please submit your resume directly to Pierre Lussier at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Commercial Underwriter—Fleet / Automobile” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.