Senior Global Transportation Specialist - Air & Ocean
Fraser Valley, BC
Lock Search Group has partnered with our client, a current industry leader and innovator in the transportation market; they have retained Cameron Lappin to assist in their search for a Senior Global Transportation Specialist to join their team based out of the Fraser Valley market.
As the Senior Global Transportation Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering key results within the Air and Ocean division. You will creatively and independently be supplying freight forwarding solutions to international clients based on their import and export requirements. You will be the key liaison between the senior executive team and the sales team to ensure that clients are receiving quotes and transportation solutions in an efficient manner. You will also be working closely with sales team to deliver solutions, and drive revenue as an ‘expert in your field’.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- +3 years in International Freight Forwarding - all aspects of global transport modes in air & ocean with both import and export experience
- Thorough hands-on experience
- Superior skills in freight forwarding and basic accounting knowledge at shipment level
- Operational procedure in support of handling day to day import/export for air/ocean shipments
- Coordinate with air carriers, shippers, brokers, freight providers, bonded warehouses, and all other functional means as required
- Resolve issues respective to customer inquiries, data input and general customer service related to tracking & tracing
- Customer Service responsibilities also include quotations, customer retention, maintaining communication with vendor, carriers, shipper, and all overseas agents
- Integral part of the team and will play a large part in shaping the future growth and development of the organization
- This position has strong growth opportunity
- Involvement with a strong leader in their industry with a commitment to the highest level of customer service
- Healthy and attractive compensation package for an experience professional with an incentive program and benefits package
If you are excited about the opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence to Cameron Lappin using the “Apply” button for immediate consideration!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.