Our client is a Canadian non-profit organization in the food distribution industry. They have asked Jordan Taylor of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Warehouse Manager to join their team in Winnipeg, MB.
Overview of Position:
The Warehouse Manager will bring expertise and fresh ideas to our client’s warehouse. Our client is looking for someone with strong communication skills that can clearly and effectively distribute information and expectations as well as support company-wide standards of performance.
This position will oversee labour planning, workflow, inventory management, and lead a team of Warehouse Associates and volunteers.
- Manage all warehouse activities, transportation management, cold chain, inventory management, and shipping and receiving
- Develop strategies for improving KPIs
- Achieve warehouse operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans, quality, and customer service standards
- Ensure continuous quality improvement
- Prepare annual budget and achieve financial objectives
- Conduct workplace risk assessments
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Chair health and safety committee and conduct regular inspections
- Lead the recruitment, training, scheduling, and performance evaluations of Warehouse Associates
- Oversee planned maintenance of warehouse equipment
- Review all existing policies and create new policies as required
- Post Secondary education in supply chain, logistics or relevant discipline
- 5 years of previous warehouse supervisory experience
- Knowledgeable in safe food handling procedures (HACCP)
- Proficient with MS Office Suites, include Excel; strong analytical & problem-solving skills; able to develop own control tools to monitor & report inventory & KPI reports
- A self-starter with proven ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve objectives
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of fleet maintenance as well as H&S regulations pertaining to Warehousing and Trucking
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Jordan Taylor via the “apply now” button.