Our team is currently looking for an Operations Manager to join a leading biotechnology company in Toronto, ON. This position is responsible for leading the development of the company's manufacturing services as well as personnel management and customer engagement.
- Implement production strategy for contract manufacturing services
- Train the production team to provide manufacturing and technology services to biotech clients
- Provide leadership to Operations staff including assigning work and evaluating performance
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with Ontario Health & Safety (OSHA) standards and good practice (GXP) standards
- Manage production schedules and resolve any issues that could interfere with timelines
- Work with business development teams to attract new clients
- Maintain engagement with academic and industry partners
- Provide updates of progress and challenges to senior management
- Identify and develop plans to improve efficiencies and productivity
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in life science related discipline (MSc preferred)
- 5+ years of Operations/GMP management experience within a contract manufacturing organization, CRO or biotechnology company
- Experience in cell/viral manufacturing
- 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements for the gene therapy products
- Experience in production scheduling, tracking and reporting
To apply, please submit your resume using the "Apply Now" button.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.