Our client is a leading national distributor in the industrial products industry. They have asked Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Warehouse Assistant to join their team in Hamilton.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with day-time working hours, Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for the safe and efficient movement of building products, while maintaining exceptional customer service as you assist the team and customers.
You will be expected to work hard, identify customer needs, promote products to help achieve sales objectives, and be a valuable contributor to our team. In return, our client will provide you with on-the-job training and the opportunity to develop and advance your role and responsibilities within the company.
- Operation of material handling equipment, including forklifts and pallet jacks
- Organize customer orders and address customer inquiries in person, over the phone and via email
- Perform order entries, pricing, and stock inquiries
- Loading/unloading of trucks; receiving and placement of stock
- Picking, packaging and shipment of customer orders
- Receive vendor direct shipments
- Maintaining a safe and efficient environment in the warehouse and yard
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent – College or University education an asset
- Strong work ethic with the ability to energize others
- Works well with minimal supervision and takes initiative
- Works well in and supports a team-based environment
- Strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Keen interest in learning and providing excellence in customer service
- Previous experience in a warehouse setting
- $40,000 base salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- Participation in pension plan with employer contributions
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Tara-Lynn Dent via the “apply now” button.