Frozen Category Manager
Consider yourself a brand building machine with acute abilities in category management? Perhaps a brand architect with a passion for plant-based foods? If you are nodding your head at your screen, then we have an amazing opportunity to join hyper growth CPG Manufacturer at a very exciting time for the food industry.
Our client, an emerging leader in the plant-based food segment is looking for a cutting edge, dynamic and collaborative brand builder to focus on developing the Frozen category for their respective business. In the role you will be highly engaged cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales to bring to life exciting products for the center of store frozen section.
- Collaborate with marketing, category management, and R&D teams to leverage expertise around future business building initiatives related to in-store activations, key insights, and innovation pipelines
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Grow the business with a trend and insights-led approach and create a sustainable pipeline of retail partners
- Effectively communicate new portfolio opportunities to the business
- Effectively communicates Key Account plans to regional team & monitors (field) store level execution
- Understand key requirements & sales drivers
- Create, establish, and maintain high level banner relationships
- Controls costs & increases profitability; negotiates pricing & promotions effectively
- Manages customer agreement with a consistent process, policy & administration
- Own the banner P&L for the portfolio and associated expenses
- Lead the team on business development initiatives for white space opportunities and new sales channels
- Banner metrics for data extraction, management, and insights to provide sales and marketing tools to deliver incremental listings and distribution
- 10 + years senior Sales for a CPG Manufacturing companies
- Undergraduate degree. Preferred MBA or Business focus
- ERP & CRM experience with high proficiency
- Canadian and US National Banner Experience in Grocery, Mass, and Specialty
- Food Service Distributor and Customer management. Industrial experience an asset
- Broker Management experience in Canada and US
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Demonstrated highly developed written (business and creative) and verbal communication skills, tact, assertiveness, and business acumen
- Hands on team player and organizational leader with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally to achieve optimal results
- Exceptional organisational skills with strong detail orientation, strong multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the intellectual curiosity and personal drive to “make a difference”
- Ability to grow sales in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent presentation and selling skills across multiple audiences of management and national accounts
The company provides a competitive compensation package, flexible work arrangements accompanied by a Tier 1 leadership team and peer group. If you have the skill set and requirements we are seeking and would like to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, please reach out asap. I look forward to hearing from you!
Please submit your resume in confidence to Ryan Berrecloth by clicking on the blue APPLY button below. Look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.