Vice President, Strategic Partners & Services
Company: Otsuka Canada Pharmaceutical Inc. (OCPI)
Job Title: Vice President, Strategic Partners & Services
Department: Strategic Partners & Services
Reports to: President and General Manager
Location: Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
Overview of Otsuka Canada Pharmaceutical Inc.:
Otsuka Canada Pharmaceutical Inc. (OCPI) is an innovative, fast-growing healthcare company that commercializes Otsuka medicines in Canada, with a focus on commitment to neuroscience, cardio-renal, and oncology. OCPI was established in 2010, with headquarters in Saint-Laurent, Quebec and is part of the broader Otsuka Group, which was established in Japan in 1964. OCPI is dedicated to improving patients’ health and the quality of human life. Otsuka is committed to a holistic approach to health and well-being of people and is striving to create innovative, thoroughly original pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products.
Otsuka employees share a unique and tireless passion to enhance the health and quality of human life around the world. But improving lives is more than a job—it is a dream. At Otsuka, they understand what it means to turn those dreams into reality. It takes perseverance to succeed. It requires unconventional approaches to solving problems for customers and communities. Through unconventional way of thinking, Otsuka has and will continue to succeed in their promise to create new and better healthcare products and solutions.
At Otsuka, creativity is a way of life, and their unique culture is their guiding force.
Summary of Opportunity:
- A member of the OCPI Leadership team that works collaboratively to lead all facets of the Canadian Business.
- Lead multiple departments including Market Access, Finance, Sales Operations & Forecasting, External Relations, Business development (in-licencing & managing existing relationships with partners), as well as the outsourced IT function.
- Lead a group of subject matter experts and provides guidance and leadership to complete varying objectives.
- Oversee pricing and market access submissions, forecasting and sales alignment, budgeting, forecasting, accounting and analytical support to both the commercial and medical teams. It will also lead the coordination of financial services provided to OCPI by its US sister company.
- Provide accurate and timely financial information and analysis, while maintaining a high degree of accountability and transparency with regard to reporting and accounting throughout the organization (locally and internationally).
- Provide coaching and development to the leaders reporting into it and coordinates the work stream with other department heads as needed.
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Commerce.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in finance, analytics, or Market Access.
- Good knowledge of key Public and Private drug reimbursement review processes in Canada. (CDR, pCODR, Federal Plans, pCPA, Provincial Public plans, Quebec, Private plans, and Hospital environments.)
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or MBA or equivalent would be an asset.
- Strong business acumen in the pharmaceutical industry is a definite asset.
- Exceptional leadership ability to have led multidisciplinary teams for 10 years or more.
- Experience in process evaluation and redesign.
- Proven experience in leading a team of outsourced partners.
- Understanding of Canadian and Quebec tax requirements and filings.
- Proven strength in understanding internal controls and risk mitigation strategies.
- Previous experience with patient advocacy campaigns and partnerships as well as political leadership and government health policy trends.
- Bilingual written and spoken.
OCPI has retained Michael Villeneuve of Lock Search Group to lead the Vice President, Strategic Partners & Services search. For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to Michael at email@example.com