Director of Construction
Our client is a leader in the construction and development industry. This prestigious company has engaged Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Director of Construction to join their team in the Greater Vancouver region. This is a unique opportunity for a position that will be responsible for the development, leadership, and management of multiple projects throughout the Lower Mainland market.
As the Director of Construction, you will be responsible for managing projects, purchasing, cost control, and financial ownership of the company projects; as well as managing communication with the leadership team, supplier relationships, and subcontractor coordination. This position will require strong communication, and scheduling skills, in addition, establishing and managing client relationships. Other responsibilities include budget/expense control, health and safety compliance, and the resolution of any customer concerns.
You will also be responsible for:
- Being the sales leader for the business developing new, and managing all key client relationships
- Overall P&L responsibility
- Hiring, training and developing employees to create a high performing team
- Developing and implementing appropriate strategies to improve productivity
- General review of all construction methods and materials and how they relate to building performance, job budget and job schedule
- Liaison with team, clients, subtrades and suppliers for scheduling, coordination and pricing
- Coordination and communication on order details and project requirements (Questions, Clarifications, and any Post Delivery issues)
- Manage closeout of projects, ensuring completion of all deficiencies and resolution of any outstanding construction or client issues
- Identifying new markets and increase market share
- Providing market leading and world class customer service and satisfaction
- Post-secondary education in construction or project management
- 7+ years’ experience in residential or commercial project management
- Leadership capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.