Our client is a longstanding Canadian organization in the building materials industry. They have partnered with Minna Johl of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Warehouse Manager to join their team in Woodbridge, ON.
With overall customer satisfaction in mind, the Warehouse Manager will establish & manage operational goals for the Warehouse Staff, through supervision, organization, coaching, and ongoing training.
In this role, you will be empowered to direct and oversee all warehouse activities, ensuring peak efficiency, all while continuing to build a strong team.
As Warehouse Manager, you will report to the Operations Manager and will work closely
with staff in operations, sales, and customer service. You will be responsible for delivering on the overall performance of the warehouse. You will be the first point of contact for the company’s full scope of warehousing needs.
- Direct all warehouse activities and employees in receiving, picking, packing, and shipping & receiving.
- Manage relationships with warehouse related suppliers and vendors
- Conduct annual freight review & periodic negotiations with transport carriers
- Ensure compliance with maintenance programs of forklifts and reach trucks
- Analyze warehouse performance statistics
- Plan and execute inventory management activities
- Analyze, improve and implement existing and new policies & procedures
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning & implementing new design layouts
- Plan and execute continuous improvement projects
- Participate in the company’s Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Work in a safe manor in compliance with company safe work practices
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study
- At least 5 years’ experience in a warehouse leadership role
- The ability to work under pressure & lead a team
- A valid forklift & Reach Truck license
- Experience with computer-based shipping systems
- Experience with ERP systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- A detail-orientation & strong work ethic
- Having exposure to LEAN is an asset
This is a full-time permanent role based in Woodbridge, and here is what you can expect:
- Hours of work are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with flexibility as needed
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Excellent work environment & culture
- The opportunity to make an impact right away
- Supportive team of co-workers & managers
- Opportunities for professional growth
The warehouse position is a full-time on-site position. Our client has implemented safety protocols in their warehouse and office as follows:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Minna Johl via the “apply now” button.