Lock Search Group is pleased to present an exciting opportunity to join an industry-leading biotechnology company focused on the discovery of novel antibody-based therapeutics. Our client is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Scientific Group Leader to build out and lead a discovery team focused on antibody assessment, optimization, and commercialization. This is a unique opportunity to contribute world-class science within a young, dynamic company focused on the discovery of novel antibody-based therapeutics to address unmet medical needs. This position is based in Vancouver, BC.
- Develop and execute strategies to assess antibody candidates, and communicate strategies with team members
- Create and implement efficient practices for the analysis of antibody characterization data
- Provide leadership to a team of scientists
- Evaluate new technology that will improve process efficiency
- Analyze and compile antibody characterization data sets and report findings
- Interact with external teams and act as the face of the Company in terms of antibody characterization
- PhD in Biochemistry, Protein Engineering (or related field) with 10+ years’ industry experience advancing antibody programs/projects from concept through to commercialization
- Profound and current understanding of the scientific assays and technologies for the assessment and validation of antibody therapeutics
- Demonstrated experience in developing assessment criteria for the evaluation and ranking of antibody candidates
- Ability to see beyond own function to understand business issues and implement best practices
- Demonstrated hands-on technical leadership with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong coaching skills exemplified by track record of developing cross-functional teams and individuals
- Outstanding project planning, communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills (internal and external).
To apply, please submit your resume using the "Apply Now" button.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.