Our client, a leading manufacturer of generic and branded drugs in Canada, is currently seeking a Director of Business Development (based in Montreal) to improve their market position and achieve financial inorganic growth.
Lead Global BD Complex Products operate within the Business Development group with a specialty for complex generic products and biosimilars. Based on products identified by the Pipeline group and in collaboration with the members of the BD group, the incumbent will develop Product Leads and Develop and Maintain an extensive Business Intelligence Network and Top Tier partner network. He or she will initiate contact with Prospective Partners both in licensing & joint developments and, in the case of joint or co developments, coordinate with the Lead, Strategic Partnerships.
In addition to the above, the incumbent is also responsible for fulfilling objectives to acquire Specialty and Complex products including Biosimilars from partners located primarily in Europe, India and Asia. In particular, he or she will be required to maintain an extensive network of first tier development partners in complex products and Biosimilars and contribute to the development and evolution of the PMS Biosimilar Strategy and coordinate all Complex Gx product leads.
- The incumbent will lead the discussions and business case developments for Products including identifying potential partners, negotiating terms, develop the Term Sheet outlining deal parameters and accountability and prepare Business Cases in support of PMEC decisions.;
- As the opportunity progresses to the contract stage, the incumbent will Negotiate Contract terms in consultation with Legal and affected BUs. In accordance with the Contract policy in place at the time, he or she will liaison with Legal to finalize contract and produce execution copy;
- Post signature hand off to Alliance Management at completion and Hand off to R&D Project Management for execution;
- Maintain accurate records of discussions and negotiations and prepare summaries and management reports as needed.
- University degree in sciences, pharmacy or administration, commerce (marketing) or equivalent discipline. Masters or Docorate level preferred;
- 5 years plus of business development experience in the generic pharmaceutical or biosimilar market at a senior level;
- Strong analytical, planning and strategic thinking skills;
- Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively lead and influence a negotiation;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills;
- Visionary and courageous to take calculated risks;
- Spoken and written fluency in English. Competency in additional languages a definite plus;
- Ability to analyze situations and opportunities quickly;
- Exceptional customer service skills, broad business acumen and skill set from which to understand and optimize a solution;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively bring negotiations to a close.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.