Our client is a global leader of product testing with laboratories in over 50 countries around the world, and they are currently looking for a Business Unit Manager to lead one of their testing divisions.
Reporting to the VP Operations, the Business Unit Manager will be responsible for ensuring sales and profitability goals are achieved as well as developing / building strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Work towards improving existing testing methods to provide clients with highest possible quality
- Oversee analysis of samples to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Oversee daily lab operations and ensure regulatory guidelines are followed
- Supervise / coordinate technical activities of personnel
- Establish strong business relationships with external stakeholders
- Assist / develop marketing strategies for business unit
- Responsible for budgeting, decision-making and cost control
- Review Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- BSc. or higher (MBA would be an asset) with a strong understanding of the 3rd party product testing business, with 5+ years’ at a leadership /management level
- Advanced knowledge of lab procedures / data analysis with a strong technical background
- Experience working in a controlled lab testing or production / manufacturing environment (GLP; GMP)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead / develop a high functioning team in a complex scientific / technical setting
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.