Animal Care Technician – In Vivo Immunization (Relocation to Vancouver, BC)
Note: Applicants living outside of British Columbia must be willing to relocate to Vancouver BC — i.e. the Greater Lower Mainland.
Lock is proud to be working with one of the leading research pharmaceutical companies in Vancouver, BC. This organization is solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. They are revolutionizing how scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it.
We are seeking a motivated, meticulous and conscientious candidate with hands-on, in vivo laboratory experience as an Animal Care Technician, the role will be based in Vancouver, BC with relocation opportunities. Live in one of the most desirable places on earth in Beautiful British Columbia!
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. It isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about creating a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. They will look for people with drive and energy. Idealists…and people they can trust.
The Day to Day:
- Performing a variety of technical procedures as required with a variety of species, including injections, in vivo imaging, post-procedure care, treatments, breeding/weaning etc.
- Performing daily routine husbandry tasks and health assessments
- Maintaining housing and equipment
- Restocking vivarium supplies
- Preparing reagents and lab equipment for procedures
- Performing record keeping and inventory maintenance
- Ordering and managing inventory
- Performing routine maintenance of common lab equipment and organizing common lab spaces
- Supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- College level training, such as Diploma or a B.Sc. in a relevant discipline
- Minimum ARLAT/ALAT certification
- Experience working with rodents or other large animals in a laboratory setting
- Ability to work full-time
We’d love to chat with you if:
- Willing to relocate to Vancouver, British Columbia
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner, demonstrate initiative, and are willing to work flexible hours
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You are accountable, reliable, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading organization, providing an attractive compensation package, performance incentives, and comprehensive benefits with a significant opportunity for career growth, is of interest to you, please apply in confidence directly to Bryan Forrest (Recruitment Consultant), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.