Senior Research Scientist – Antibody Expression & Purification
Lock Search Group is pleased to present an exciting opportunity to join an industry-leading biotechnology company focused on the discovery of novel antibody-based therapeutics. Our client is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Research Scientist leader with previous hands-on experience relevant to the expression and purification of antibodies.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute world-class science within a young, dynamic company focused on the discovery of novel antibody-based therapeutics to address unmet medical needs. This position is based in Vancouver, BC.
- Develop and execute strategies and communicate strategies with team members
- Create and implement efficient best practices protocols for antibody expression and purification, including high throughput and medium throughput production
- Engage with internal teams to build optimal solutions for challenges in antibody expression and purification
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and training to a team of dynamic scientists
- Evaluate new technology that will improve process efficiency and project management
- Analyze and compile antibody data, document, and report findings
- Interact with external teams and act as the face of the Company in terms of antibody characterization
- PhD in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, or related field) with 5+ years’ industry experience in a wet lab environment
- Profound and current understanding of protein expression using transient and/or stable mammalian cell culture systems (HEK, CHO)
- Extensive experience in protein purification technology including IMAC, HIC and/or IEx Chromatography
- Demonstrated experience in establishing essential processes and led teams responsible for high and medium throughput antibody expression and purification
- Ability to see beyond own function to understand business issues and implement best practices
- Demonstrated hands-on technical leadership with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong coaching skills exemplified by track record of developing cross-functional teams and individuals
- Outstanding project planning, communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills (internal and external).
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading organization, providing an attractive compensation package, performance incentives, and comprehensive benefits with a significant opportunity for career growth, is of interest to you, please apply in confidence directly to Brent Dodge (Recruitment Consultant), email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.