Our client is a global manufacturer in the industrial industry. They have asked Paul Cannon of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Warehouse Supervisor for their facility in the East GTA.
Overview of the Position:
The Warehouse Supervisor will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of personnel engaged in shipping, receiving, and warehousing functions. This position oversees approximately 40 warehouse staff with one shift daily in a unionized environment. Requires broad knowledge of company policies and initiative in achieving established objectives. Has exposure to some confidential information and regular contact with internal and external sources.
- Supervises warehouse activities including accurate storage of materials, parts, and finished goods. Sets locations for racking and shelving.
- Supervises receiving activities including verification of receipts to manifests, packing slips, and purchase orders, and accurate recording of receipts.
- Supervises shipping activities regarding outgoing freight, ensuring goods are packaged according to company standards and are shipped via the appropriate agents.
- Initiates process improvements for warehouse operations and provides technical support for SAP distribution related issues and cross-functional testing.
- Monitors shortages and damaged goods.
- Ensures materials flow through the warehouse in an orderly and accurate fashion.
- Ensures warehouse equipment is maintained to an efficient level of operation.
- Determines warehouse manpower requirements in conjunction with Assembly & Facility Manager.
- Hires, terminates, and disciplines as necessary.
- Gives direct leadership to unionized hourly workforce.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy through the cycle count program.
- Responsible for ensuring safety rules are followed, safety programs are maintained, and equipment is safe.
- College Diploma
- Post-secondary courses or experience in warehousing, shipping, and receiving
- 5+ years related experience
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- General understanding of labour relations
- Assembly supervision/maintenance supervision an asset
- Lean Certification, preferably Black Belt
- SAP power user
- Collective bargaining experience
- Strong people management/coaching experience
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Paul Cannon via the “apply now” button.