Our client is a global leader of product testing with laboratories in over 50 countries around the world. They are currently looking for a Business Unit Manager to lead one of their testing divisions.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Business Unit Manager will be responsible for ensuring clients’ expectations and ensuring that sales and profitability goals are achieved.
- Work towards improving existing testing methods to provide clients with highest possible quality
- Oversee analysis of samples to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Oversee daily lab operations and ensure regulatory guidelines are followed
- Supervise and coordinate all technical activities of personnel
- Maintain records of all analytical evaluations
- Establish strong business relationships with external stakeholders
- Assist with marketing strategies including literature review
- Responsible for budgeting, decision-making and cost control
- Review Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field (MSc or MBA an asset)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in laboratory testing, with 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge in laboratory procedures and data analysis with strong technical background
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with ability to lead laboratory personnel
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.