Vice President, Strategic Initiatives – Financial Services
Established in 1997, and based in Calgary Alberta, Bridgewater Bank is a Canadian Schedule 1 chartered bank specializing in competitive residential mortgages, investments, and deposit products through a national network of Brokers. Bridgewater Bank received its bank license on January 1, 2006 and now manages a portfolio of over $2.4 billion representing over 34,000 accounts across Canada.
Bridgewater Bank is a dynamic, progressive, warm, and friendly workplace, where diversity and inclusion are valued. And, as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Alberta Motor Association (AMA), Bridgewater Bank is part of the largest membership services organization in Alberta.
Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
This is a rare opportunity to join a highly respected employer-of-choice in a key Senior Leadership role where you can have a significant and measurable impact on the positive evolution of the organization.
Working under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Strategic Initiatives will play an integral role in developing key growth strategies, methodologies, tactics and action plans to achieve business objectives, growth and profitability.
This position will be responsible for developing innovative new solutions, products, and services in support of the bank’s Strategic Plan. The VP will also have direct responsibility for the bank’s Business Intelligence function as well as the Product, Marketing & Communications team.
You’re a proven innovator, a brilliant strategist, a meticulous executor, and a born leader. You know what it takes for a business to be profitable in a competitive and ever-changing marketplace. You’re an excellent communicator who listens when people talk; and when you talk, people listen. For you, it’s all about inspiring teams to deliver results, embracing challenges to resolve complex problems, and devising creative solutions that capitalize on business opportunities.
The ideal Candidate will bring:
- 15+ years of proven strategic planning, sales/service and new business development experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the banking and/or financial services industry with demonstrated senior/executive leadership experience.
- Experience leading Product Development, Marketing, Communications and Business Intelligence functions.
- Proven success in developing and maintaining effective relationships with leaders at all levels of an organization together with natural coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong general business acumen with the ability to participate and provide meaningful input within executive leadership teams.
- The ability to develop and maintain a culture of innovation, learning, and performance, with demonstrated abilities in all areas of staff development.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible strategy and business development leadership roles.
If the opportunity to join a highly respected Alberta-based financial services organization in a key Senior Innovation Leadership role with significant professional growth potential is appealing to you, please reply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.