Director of Sales
Sales leadership, sports industry, Vancouver BC based...three fragments you rarely see in the same sentence.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team working with a Global organization in a fast-paced industry that has delivered consistent growth, then we have an excellent opportunity for you! Astute leadership, entrepreneurial culture, strong brands, flexible working arrangements, and new business development are at the core for this growing business and the associated opportunity.
We are seeking a hungry, data-driven, product nerd Sports enthusiast with an entrepreneurial spirit to take the position of the Director of Sales with a focus on the sports eye wear category. As the ideal candidate you will have an architectural approach to building off a foundation of business development success focused on channel strategy development including Mass outdoor retailers, IBD (Independent Bike Dealers), online OMNI channel strategies within Canada, US and overseas. Given the current focus for the business, product knowledge and innovation success are highly regarded.
You will be responsible for all sales accountabilities for the company including leadership of a direct team and agency networks. Key focus to develop sales programs that are creative, integrated, and uniquely represent the essence of the brands supported by clear objectives and metrics for success. Strategic mapping of current low hanging fruit opportunities combined with a gritty approach to long term customer mapping for future explode growth will be a winning combination for you to be successful in the role.
- Full P&L for the Sales division for the business unit
- Strategic customer partnerships and development with large key accounts within Canadian and US sports retailers and distributors
- Working with a vast network of independent sales agents, you will develop and execute account plans including forecasting
- Managing channel segmentation within Bike, Running, Golf and Outdoor Apparel
- Responsible for annual goal planning and monthly reporting/analytics
- Leverage retailers’ POS capabilities and proforma account analysis to build partner collaborations that strengthen the consumer’s perception of the brand as an innovative leader in sport eye wear category
- Work closely with the Sales team; to helping them meet their sales objectives by providing them with appropriate sales tools
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends working strategically upstream to proactively get in front of trends
- Lead the development and execution of a segmented channel merchandising strategy, including tactical P.O.P, and fixtures
- Create a positive work environment that encourages creativity, championing new ideas, new methodologies, and resourcefulness
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar leadership role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Proficient knowledge of the Sports channel in Canada and US
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Adobe suite and email marketing tools
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with focus on deadlines
- Ability to think strategically while comfortable with project management details
- Proven track record of success working for new or small and rapidly growing companies
- Proven track record of success in growing revenues without excess discounting, building sustainable growth
- Passionate and looking to grow with a start-up mentality business
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to manage constant change in an evolving business model
- Sharp eye for detail and accuracy
Geographical location is flexible but preference to candidates residing the lower mainland of Vancouver. Competitive compensation package with a reward for performance structure.
This is a great opportunity to join a solid growing organization with great brands in a fast paced and exciting industry. If this sounds like it aligns to your career objectives, I look forward to hearing from you!
To apply directly please send your resume to Ryan Berrecloth, email@example.com or by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.