Medical Director, Canada Commercial Operations
Lock is proud to be working with one of the leading global biotech companies in Ottawa, ON. They have engaged Michael Villeneuve of Lock Search Group to assist in finding their next Medical Director, Canada Commercial Operations. This organization is solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up. This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it.
In this role, you will be responsible for building regional relationships with stakeholders and will be accountable for the development and execution of the company’s medical strategy.
The Day to Day:
- Responsible for developing, executing, and communicating the Medical Affairs strategy and product portfolio
- Input medical expertise into branding, planning process, development, and execution of brand initiatives
- Contributes to regulatory strategy and advises to ensure best possible market opportunities for products
- Lead, advise, and manage cross functional teams to support portfolio and establish guidelines to ensure compliance
- Identify and develop relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in key stakeholder groups
- Develop and implement appropriate issues management and crisis communications plans as required
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Education Requirements: MBA, MD, RPh, PharmD
- 8+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical and or healthcare industry
- 5+ years Medical Affairs experience in Canada
- Experience in rare disease is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Flexible, independent, and proactive working style
- Ability to critically analyze complex data
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong inter-personal relationship building, collaboration and teamwork skills
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading organization, providing an attractive compensation package, and comprehensive benefits is of interest to you, please apply in confidence directly to Michael Villeneuve (Recruitment Consultant), MVilleneuve@locksearchgroup.com.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.