Vice President of Marketing – Health Technology
Lock Search Group is partnering with a leading health technology company based right here in Vancouver, in search of a VP of Marketing. This person will promote and support the growth of the organization as well as their subsidiary companies. This organization has already been the recipient of many awards for outstanding business, growth, team culture and technological advances in their field.
Their cutting-edge innovations and services have provided significant improvements and rapid outcomes in neurological performance. They have bridged the gap between what’s capable in the laboratory and what’s available in the real-world. Their high-performing team is comprised of passionate health, science and business leaders with extensive experience in healthcare advances.
The VP, Marketing and Business Development is responsible for the development and execution of strategy for all marketing, communications and business development efforts for each of the three divisions within the company. You will be working in collaboration with the sales, marketing and communications teams across the organization. You will aim to ensure an effective, streamlined marketing operation to help sales teams achieve all targets and deliverables against the business goals for each organization, while building strong brand awareness and company profile across diverse market segments. You will be work collaboratively with the executive and operational teams on strategy development and performance measurement against operational targets, ensuring all teams have the necessary resources, systems, support, and knowledge to exceed goals.
The overall responsibility of the VP of Marketing is to develop and implement a robust healthcare/medical marketing plan and strategy to increase brand awareness and achieve key performance indicators for all divisions: This includes a strategy for channel partners, third-party payers, clinical education client/consumer, scientific research, and social media. Reporting to the CEO, you work in close collaboration and integration with the overall Marketing, Events and Communications team.
The tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Define goals and KPI targets and a quarterly evaluation framework, participating in the quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
- Develop and execute launch plans for assigned product lines and clinical programs, including strategy, messaging, marketing material and promotions
- Develop local marketing initiatives that increase overall penetration of products portfolio and clinical programs including promotional plans, exhibit and tradeshow strategy, peer-to-peer programs, social media updates, campaign management and digital activities
- Coordinate with all teams to ensure continued integration of marketing plan across all divisions.
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends by spending time in clinical setting, attending medical and scientific meetings, and actively monitoring the competitive landscape
- Build strong relationships with business and medical communities, coordinating hosted events and media interest
- Design and review the Marketing department’s budget, prioritizing marketing projects and allocating resources accordingly
- Support the process to create, access and protect marketing assets
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department
- Support sales teams to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on performance and operational metrics for the CEO
- Business Degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of proven clinical expertise and marketing experience for medical devices within Canada and U.S.
- Experience in building integrated marketing communication plans, B2B as well as B2C in healthcare and/or consumer healthcare
- Experience in both traditional and digital media buying concepts and processes
- Has experience developing, managing and growing a brand and business
- Collaborative leadership style and focus on facilitating outcomes with a team
- A dynamic, energetic and engaging leader with superior communication skills
- Analytical marketing mindset and proven success leveraging and optimizing data to grow marketing channels in a highly competitive industry
- Strong relationship-building skills and track record of leading and developing teams
- Ability to motivate and encourage continual improvement
- Agile, entrepreneurial approach to business
- Resourceful, enjoys overcoming challenges and gets things done
- Domestic and international travel required 30-40% of the time
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading organization providing an attractive compensation package is of interest to you, please apply in confidence directly to Brent Dodge (Recruitment Consultant), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.