Laboratory Manager – Quality Control, Medical Device Manufacturing
Lock Search Group is partnering with this new and exciting medical device manufacturer based in Kelowna, BC. This company will be one of the main National providers for medical and surgical mask manufacturing to fill the vital need for PPE in the Canadian market. A crucial part of being able to fulfill that need, is to meet Health Canada’s requirements for quality assurance on these products, so they are looking to build out their Quality Control team by hiring a Laboratory Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of the lab (equipment set up, processes, policies, procedures etc.).
- Initial set up of the laboratory, equipment and work flow efficiency
- Running daily testing on samples from production
- Handling and maintaining bacterial cultures
- Stringent record keeping, data analysis and reporting
- Consistent communication with Production and senior management
- Maintaining and calibrating the equipment, as well as problem solving any issues related to the lab autonomously
- Hiring and training responsibilities are possible in the near future as lab work and testing are increased in line with manufacturing increases
- 3+ years working as a Lab Manager and/or Quality Control within a lab setting
- B.Sc. degree is preferred
- Ability to commute to the manufacturing site
- Experience with Health Canada would be considered a strong asset
This organization will be offering a competitive salary and benefits. Please apply directly or send an email to Brent Dodge, Senior Health Care Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.