Buyer – Manufacturing
Our client, a leader in their space with a North American wide manufacturing footprint, is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity within their Supply Chain in Burnaby, BC. They have engaged Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group to assist in their search for a dynamic and team-oriented ‘Buyer’.
Our client is offering an incredible opportunity to individuals who have the motivation and drive to join a team focused on continuous improvement. Professionals who are excited about the opportunity, to not only gain valuable experience in Procurement, but who want to convert their efforts into future growth opportunities within this National organization.
We are looking for an organized multitasker – someone who can prioritize their day and handle multiple tasks at once. A team player with a sense of urgency, who is detailed and focused.
Daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Placing purchase orders and delivering materials to ensure customers order requirements are met and manage stock inventory levels within approved guidelines (min/max target points)
- Purchasing raw materials for inventory and other materials to support plant production
- Communicating with vendors to ensure orders have been received, and are accurate
- Monitoring price increases/vendor quotes and communicating changes to internal departments
- Resolving any errors on purchase orders as necessary, quality control on incoming materials.
- Reviewing buy quantities and issuing purchase orders
- Working closely with the production team, and planning departments
Your ability to identify and tackle these tasks according to priority will make you successful in carrying out the day-to-day tasks of this role.
In order to satisfy this requirement, you must be insightful and understand patterns and the flow of inventory. Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment would be a major asset.
In addition to your exceptional multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities, you will have:
- Degree in Supply Chain and Operations; and or, relevant experience combined with a CSCP Designation
- 2+ year’s experience in a similar role in Purchasing
- Thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite – Advanced Excel skill is a must
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritization skills are absolutely essential
This position is accompanied with a health salary and bonus program, along with strong benefits, and RRSP contribution plan and vacation package. If the opportunity to grow your career in Supply Chain with a leading organization excites you, please submit your resume to Cameron Lappin using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.