Field Application Specialist / Engineer – Molecular Diagnostics
Our client is one of the top manufacturers, globally, in the area of infectious disease / molecular diagnostic equipment within the hospital laboratory. We are looking for an experienced and savvy, full-time Field Application Specialist on a permanent basis who can effectively help train laboratory staff on assay validation, verification, and efficient workflow processes with the equipment in the lab.
This role is a brand new, expansion role as the company has seen tremendous and sustainable growth within the Canadian market and is looking to invest in the right people who are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity to leverage their skillset and background within this area of molecular diagnostics.
- Help establish and train customers on the instrumentation within the lab and ensure proper assay validation and verification
- Consult on proper laboratory techniques and ensure workflow is maximized in order to get the most accurate results in an efficient manner
- Cordially address customer service requests within the appropriate response time (phone/email)
- Conduct detailed maintenance inspections on company equipment, and help with basic troubleshooting of the equipment
- Document and complete paper work for functional checks during delivery and installations
- Qualify test data acquired through various test procedures
- Operate and configure data acquisition to meet test requirements
- Liaise with internal employees on addressing client needs
- Post Secondary Education – preferably a Bachelors or Masters degree in Molecular Biology
- Previous experience as a Field Application Specialist in healthcare or medical devices is an asset, and/or experience within a molecular / diagnostic laboratory setting
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow and common molecular laboratory techniques
- Strong technical troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and processing of paperwork
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading organization, providing an attractive compensation package, performance incentives, and comprehensive benefits with a significant opportunity for career growth, is of interest to you, please apply in confidence directly to Brent Dodge, Senior Healthcare Recruitment Consultant - email@example.com.