Construction Manager - Vancouver
This well-established global leader in the construction sector, has retained Cameron Lappin of the Lock Search Group to assist in their search for a Construction Manager
The Construction Manager would be responsible for organizing, planning and managing the site operations. This individual will supervise and lead a team of union Trades Technicians; as well as evaluate the performance and workload to meet the requirements and business goals. This role acts as the frontline supervisor, working closely with GC’s and subtrades, managing costs, implementing corporate policies and technical procedures.
As their Construction Manager, you will;
- Manage the day to day operations of your team inclusive of hiring, termination, payroll hours, performance goals and reviews
- Travel and attendance of meetings for offsite projects for inspection and to ensure excellence in customer service
- Order materials and inventory for job completion
- Work with internal departments to optimize overall efficiency, producing quality standards in accordance with project specification and contract schedules
- Implement procedures to comply with the organization’s health and safety policies
The successful individual must have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a management and/or supervisory position from within Construction
- Red Seal Trade is highly regarded
- Union leadership experience is mandatory
- Proficient financial planning and budgetary experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, everchanging environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities at the same time
- Possesses people-skills to manage a diverse team and diverse clients
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
Take this opportunity to work for a company that thrives on seeing their employees excel. This opportunity comes along working with an industry-leading company, providing an attractive compensation package, company vehicle, RRSP matching and comprehensive benefits.
Submit your resume in confidence to Cameron Lappin using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.