Junior Product Manager
Our client is a successful Global Industrial Supplier. They have asked Paul Cannon of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Product Manager to join their team in the KWCG region.
The Product Manager will work with the sales team to conduct demos and training and have full responsibility for the specific portfolio of the business. The ability to learn the product portfolio and a strong business acumen is ideal.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Post Secondary education in Marketing
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to learn product portfolio
Our client offers a base salary of 60-70K and a variable bonus along with vacation, benefits and pension provided.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Paul Cannon via the "apply now" button.