Calibration and Validation Technician
Our client is a Canadian organization in the pharmaceutical industry. They have asked Bryan Forrest of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Calibration and Validation Technician. This position is based in Hamilton, ON.
- Facilitate vendor calibration programs and internal calibration programs, along with review and approval of service records and reports
- Coordinate the calibration and maintenance of manufacturing, analytical and process equipment, including, but not limited to, clean rooms, HEPA filters, HPLCs, GCs, Hotcells, pH meters, balances, etc.
- Work across groups and sites, ensure calibration and maintenance programs are established and maintained in compliance with cGMPs and the Validation Plan
- Ensure that calibration and preventative activities do not impact production schedules
- Properly label and assure completion of documentation, as required, for existing and new equipment into the calibration/maintenance programs
- Prepare, review and execute Validation Protocols addressing all critical functionality and limits for equipment and processes required to be validated (IQ/OQ/PQ/PV/CV Process)
- Write validation reports that summarize and assess impact of the results generated
- Interact with individuals from different disciplines (Engineering, Laboratory, Operations, and Quality) to plan, execute, and complete validation activities
- Ensure calibration and validation efforts are conducted in an appropriate and timely manner
- Perform risk assessment exercises in support of validation activities
- Prepare equipment, processes, product, and cleaning procedures
- Degree or Diploma in the Engineering field or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of proven pharmaceutical or relevant experience managing equipment with direct impact to product testing and quality
- Technical report writing, ability to understand and analyze technical systems and trends
- Familiarity with appropriate GMP compliance requirements of pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills; must be able to interact effectively at all levels of the company and handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel, and data entry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize, manage time well, multitask, and troubleshoot
- Knowledgeable in use of spreadsheets, database, and word processing software
- Flexibility in work schedule to support a nightshift-type production environment
- Ability to lift 23 kilograms required
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to Bryan Forrest via the “apply now” button.