Our client, the National Research Council of Canada, is looking for a Team Leader, Manufacturing—Upstream, to join their new Montreal Biologics Manufacturing Centre (BMC), currently under construction that will help to accelerate Canada’s capacity to produce, access and supply vaccines and other biologics. Certified as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant, the facility will have full-end-to-end production capability for mammalian cell-based biologics.
Under the leadership of the Director of Manufacturing, the Team Lead, Manufacturing—Upstream will be responsible for GMP manufacturing unit operations and overall product quality.
- Hire and train production team.
- Write and establish processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of human resources strategies and plans.
- Implement human resources plans to ensure appropriate and optimum allocation of resources to priorities.
- Support equipment qualification and scheduling of equipment and personnel for manufacturing.
- Ensure that all production activities comply with GMP standards.
- Support the Director of manufacturing and the Senior managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in science, Engineering or related discipline, an asset.
- Significant experience with upstream processing (e.g., cell scale-up, bioreactors, clarification).
- Experience supervising GMP pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
- Experience leading and managing human resources.
- Strong understanding of GMP manufacturing.
- Capable of effective and clear communication that enables teams to execute on key deliverable.
- Bilingualism in French and English, both oral and written, essential
- Excellent adaptability and flexibility.
- Excellent capacity for analysis, good judgment, and critical skills
- Capacity to prioritize and execute several projects at the same time and with a minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership and team spirit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Please submit your resume directly to Céline Chabée at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Team Lead, Manufacturing—Upstream” in the title of the email.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.