Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems serve as the backbone of manufacturing companies. A well oiled and managed ERP system allows the overall business to operate efficiently across multiple areas of the corporate environment including Finance, HR, Distribution, Manufacturing and Supply Chain. Our client, a long-time leader inside their segment within the CPG manufacturing space is looking for a dynamic, agile and forward-thinking ERP Manager to join their team.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for the transformation of heritage systems into a new ERP system leading a cross functional team on the full process. Reporting to the CFO you will be managing a team of three to four individuals and will lead the companies IT and IS functions to ensure the company is on top of IT solutions and managing the full P&L for the department. Primary focus in the first two – three years of employment will be implementing the new ERP system into the organization. Background in Finance leadership roles is considered as an asset and you have strong knowledge of CPG Food Production and Manufacturing companies to understand how different systems need to be integrated and can leverage past successes and failures in your new venture.
- Acute understanding of key ERP systems available to the market including but not specific to one: Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAGE, SAP, NetSuite, JD Edwards, Syspro among others
- Evaluate business and system processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement and develop solutions for implementation
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements, and monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects
- Planning and organizing, by effectively managing priorities, all aspects of the project based on scope of work and goals
- Coaching and guiding members of the internal and external team to complete the project
- Managing schedules, budgets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project delivery dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon
- Being involved in all aspects of the project, monitoring day-to-day activities of internal/external project teams and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Actively monitoring project risks and scope to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively working with project teams to identify solutions to address them in advance
- Lead the execution of software implementation, on-going applications, platform installations, upgrades and migrations
- Develop new SOP process to support the business and mentor team on system upgrades, issues or glitches
- Coordinate new release software testing, and deployment to end users while ensuring operational stability
- Work with ERP vendor support to escalate and resolve ticket issues quickly and efficiently
- Creating and maintaining Internal IT Security Policy
- Smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines
- Security protocols managing server and cloud environment for confidential company data
- IT & IS vendor management
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Bachelor of Business, Commerce, Engineering or Information Technology and 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple ERP modules and how they relate to key business areas, such as Financials, Procurement, Inventory & Warehousing operations
- 5+ years hands on ERP systems experience in Finance and Supply Chain manufacturing applications for a company environment or equivalently sized organization
- Proven track record of implementations with Tier 1 ERP solutions
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Strong organizational skills and sense of priorities
- Experience with business process design
- 5+ years of Senior Technical Support experience
- 5+ years working as Team Lead or Management in IT field
- Experience with BI packages such as Tableau and Cognos
- Ability to learn new skills and work within a team environment
Short term remote working solutions will be considered for the right candidate, but we do expect the successful candidate to be centrally located in the Okanagan once the pandemic slows down. From a cultural standpoint the team has undertaken new leadership in the past few months and are building on a cultural foundation of working with great people focussed on business development success. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with deep roots in the CPG Health and Wellness food space at a time where they are transitioning their business to capture continued success in the future. Role offers a competitive compensation package and relocation assistance for candidates that would be looking to make a geographic move.
Thanks for taking the time to review this opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you!
To apply directly please send your resume to Ryan Berrecloth by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.