Rare do Financial Leadership opportunities come along where you can join an explosive company within a hyper growth industry. Our client, a publicly traded entity, is an entrepreneurial leader in the Plant Based Protein space focusing on a vision to develop a collection of healthy, tasty, and appealing plant-based food alternatives. We are seeking a dynamic and acutely dialed in Financial leader to join the team as CFO.
As the CFO you will be a valued member of the leadership team reporting directly to the CEO and Co-Founder. Primary duties will be to manage financial strategies for the business including analysis, forecasting, budget management and M&A. The role will be highly visible to the Board so we are seeking a strong communicator that can report financials while providing elite level financial acumen within the CPG Food industry helping to steer the team through the next stages of growth. You will lead a small internal finance team and external support group.
As the ideal candidate you will bring a best in class track record at senior levels of finance working for publicly traded companies, well rounded understanding of financial management systems, M&A, and team leadership experience. Harnessing your entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to manage upstream to shareholders and investors while managing the detailed finance metrics of the company to ensure peak performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business, MBA desirable. CA/CMA designation or equivalent.
- 10+ years of strong senior level corporate experience working for mid – large sized food manufacturers with an accompaniment of working for successful start up companies.
- Business leader experience in a financial leadership position, on point financial management and team leadership abilities.
- Proven track record of success building cohesive high performing finance teams.
- Senior level financial interaction with other key functions within the consumer products environment including sales, marketing, and operations.
- Managerial Accounting effectively managing trade promotion fund accounting, marketing/advertising promotion spending, accruals, cost accounting and variances.
- Shareholder and Investor relations managing upstream. Experience working with boards, shareholders, and investors. Acute financial reporting on a timely basis quarterly and annually for a Canadian publicly traded company.
- Knowledge and experience of wholesale, commercial, Ecommerce and customer channels is an asset.
- M&A experience evaluating, qualifying, and executing on new brands or companies.
We are pursuing the perfect mix of an entrepreneur with public company experience combined with CPG manufacturing that is interested to build a legacy with a collaborative and energetic team. If you are nodding your head at the screen right now with a smile on your face, then reach out to discuss further. Looking forward to chatting!
Simply click on the "apply" button below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.