Warehouse Manager – 3PL
Our client is a leading 3PL Warehousing operation that possesses strong values, a deep rooted family culture, and sound ethical business practices. Expanding quickly, our client has retained Lock Search Group in their hunt to add a Warehouse Manager to oversee and lead their new launch warehousing operation that will be opening in Richmond, BC.
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for ensuring the efficient, safe, and smooth operations of a multiple shift warehousing operation. This individual plays an important hands-on role in supporting his Lead Hands and Warehousing Associates on a day to day basis. The leader that we are seeking will have a strong sense of urgency, organizational skills and a track record of delegating, coaching and training; but also, the capacity and ability to physically ‘jump in’ and support his team with tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and schedule a range of functions tied to warehousing (inventory), delivery, pickups and safety
- Pick, Delivery, Receiving and Inventory Management functions are daily responsibilities
- Ensure that daily operations run smoothly and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain open lines of communication between senior management based outside of the BC market, and with a range of customers (small, medium, large)
- Work with a team of Leads, Warehouse Associates - including delegating, training, and coaching
- Ensure all transactions are properly documented in accordance with company SOPs and KPIs
- Practice and enforce safe warehouse procedures, identify potential hazards, and recommend improvements where necessary
Additionally, as the successful candidate you will have:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Warehouse Supervisor position -- previous experience as a Warehouse Manager would be an asset
- Proven leadership qualities, with the ability to lead by example, delegate and motivate the team
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong WMS knowledge would be an asset
- Previous experience with seasonal peek/off-season environment – sense of urgency during peek
If you are excited about the opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing company in the ‘Warehouse, and Logistics’ space based in Richmond, BC that offers a competitive salary and bonus… with growth potential…this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Submit your resume in confidence to Cameron Lappin using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.