LOCK SEARCH GROUP
POSITION: Executive Director – part-time (24 hours/week)
LOCATION: Remote/Home Office
Lock Search Group is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm and we are currently recruiting on behalf of a national non-profit organization who is on the hunt for an Executive Director to provide strategic leadership and management reporting to Board of Directors.
This non-profit has local chapters in every province. They advocate at the federal level and provide leadership in shaping public policy and federal legislation.
At this time, this role will be a part-time commitment of 24 hours/week, with the potential for a full-time commitment in the future with further funding. This position will interact with representatives in each province and will be based out of a home office.
This role offers:
- Complete flexibility and autonomy in working hours (you choose when you work each week)
- Upto 10% RRSP match annually
- Collaborate with the Board to set the overall strategic direction and prepare annual budget
- Work closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board of Directors and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policieseview existing policies annually and recommend changes
- Effective management of financial resources and implementation and adherence to appropriate controls and support external audits
- Provide leadership and direction to Board volunteers and staff team for successful delivery of the annual operational plan
- Ensure adequate financial and human resources are in place to support the strategic direction of the organisation
- Enhance public image of organization by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Serve as primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues by maintaining connections and relationships
- 5+ years senior non-profit management experience leading a team
- University degreeMasters degree a strong asset
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- 3+ years experience of developing strategic partnerships within government and corporate sectors
- 3+ years of successful experience in advocacy
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take charge and drive initiatives forward
- High level strategic thinking and planning – ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Active fundraising experience – excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- French Bilingualism is HIGHLY preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Dana Lamanna using the “Apply”
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.