Training Supervisor – Production Manufacturing
Our client is an innovative manufacturer and leader within their sector. They have engaged and retained Cameron Lappin of the Lock Search Group to help them find a team-oriented, versatile Training Supervisor to support their operation in Vancouver, BC.
As the Training Supervisor, you will be strategically involved with onboarding new production team members, while continuing to support, train and coach the existing production workforce on new procedures, and policies, new equipment operations and continuous improvement endeavors throughout the operation. This role is essential to developing the right culture, while injecting the right behaviors to foster an environment of ‘team’, ‘safety’, ‘efficiency’ and ‘fun’.
- Onboarding – lead orientation steps, and policy expectations of the organization.
- Work independently to training employees within a ‘matrix’ schedule, while ensuring a focus on shift efficiencies and output expectations.
- Perform training for machine operators, line technicians, packagers etc.
- Develop new training procedures to foster continuous improvement and lean-thinking
- Perform ongoing employee assessments with the purpose of identifying needs and ongoing growth opportunities for all team members within the production workforce. Develop scorecards and assessment tools.
- Lead training specifically for operators on individual equipment (both new and existing) – this will involved cross-training.
- Focus on personal growth and knowledge with plant equipment – work closely with OEM Manufacturers and Maintenance Department Leads to become educated and trained on every piece of equipment
- Being a cultural leader and company ambassador
- Previous ‘hands-on’ experience in a manufacturing and/or operations environment – preference to those that have direct experience in food manufacturing (this is a non-union setting)
- Track record of coaching and mentoring is a must – preference to those that have had previous experience and success with direct training in manufacturing and leading production employees in a manufacturing setting
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and provide customized training to a diverse team is essential
- Mechanical Aptitude is a must!!
- Post Secondary education, or Red Seal certification would be an asset, but not mandatory
- Any further development, or education in ‘people leadership, coaching and mentoring, or training certificates’ would be outstanding.
Our will provide a salary and bonus along with a benefits package; in addition, a culture and working environment that is collaborative and team-oriented. If the opportunity to become an integral part in a rapidly growing, fast-paced collaborative company is of interest to you, please reply in confidence.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by clicking the Apply button!
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.