Our client, a Marketing Agency, is growing his pharmaceutical & health care team and is currently seeking a “VP-Medical” to join and help build the best team in Medical Education. The role is located in Montreal.
The primary job functions of the VP-Medical are to provide oversight to the medical team, liaise with network agency leads to understand business needs, and to provide strategic leadership for clients/pitches as needed. This position is responsible for building and maintaining a team of professionals that will provide medical direction/medical writing/copywriting/editing services to agencies, both promotional and educational, across the network.
- Provides day-to-day oversight and guidance to medical team members to ensure fulfillment of each agency’s needs and strategic objectives;
- Ensures quality of assigned team’s deliverables;
- Develops career action plans for assigned team members and provides effective and mentoring;
- Recommends recognition and disciplinary action for assigned employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Fosters strong relationships with network leadership;
- Networks with agency leads and talent acquisition to understand business needs that may be supported by the medical hub;
- Manages network project flow and ensures appropriate resource allocation.
Clinical and Strategic Engagement
- Leads or participates in strategic account planning, leveraging experience to provide relevant strategic and tactical recommendations;
- Takes ownership of client relationship, working with account teams to develop a strong client partnership and build the client’s confidence.
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) required;
- 8+ years of medical advertising or education experience, preferably at a Sr. Medical Director or comparable level with focus in a health care marketing or communications agency setting, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated strategic acumen with an ability to define brand strategy and provide recommendations for effective tactical execution of the strategy;
- Significant experience managing, mentoring, and developing team members;
- Experience working with business development in cultivating business, preparing;
- Ability to travel 35% of the time.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.