General Manager - Manufacturing
Our client, a global safety products and solutions manufacturer, is searching for a skilled P&L owner with a strong technical aptitude and project management experience to lead an important division of their business serving their North American customer base. Operations are based in Kingston, Ontario and the business is well-positioned to grow under the guidance of the successful candidate. Reporting to the Managing Director for Canada, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering profitable growth of their business unit, through collaboration with stakeholders across North America and Europe. Keys to success include sustaining competitive advantage, ensuring on-time/on-budget delivery of customer equipment solutions, and nurturing a highly engaged team.
What you will be doing:
- Define the product portfolio and identify market opportunities, requirements, and pricing in collaboration with the sales and marketing teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to sales requests for quotations and bids.
- Recruit, nurture, and retain a team of skilled engineers and technicians who comprehend market needs and execute product design and delivery.
- Establish and manage a purchasing organization that optimizes price-performance ratios and fosters local supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with the global group to streamline cross-border projects using common tools and practices.
- Oversee portfolio development projects, including global portfolio localization, continuous improvement of existing products, and portfolio extensions.
- Provide installation and service capabilities for new sales while supporting the existing customer base.
- Uphold all operations in alignment with company quality and Environmental Health and safety guidelines.
- Manage project and overhead costs to ensure profitability.
The experience you bring:
- An engineering qualification from an accredited university or organization, combined with a degree (management preferred).
- Prior experience in product management or development project management.
- Demonstrated commercial and management proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Capability to effectively engage across all business levels.
- Proficient in people management, including leadership competencies.
- Strong understanding of OH&S legislation and quality principles.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in essential Microsoft applications.
- Valid international travel documents.
If you are a dedicated, forward-thinking leader with a passion for ensuring quality and safety in engineered solutions projects, we encourage you to submit your application via the "Apply Now" button. Charles Warren, Senior Consultant at Lock Search Group, looks forward to working with all qualified candidates.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on client needs and candidate goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!