Our client, a high-growth, on-trend, and dynamic consumer packaged goods company within the GTA, is looking for a sharp, high-potential sales professional to join their growing team as National Account Manager. This is a hybrid work-schedule opportunity.
This opportunity is absolutely ideal for a current CPG account (or senior field) sales professional that is looking to take the next step and work with larger accounts in an environment that will provide compelling and progressive career growth opportunities with a culture that is exceptional....driven, balanced, and fun.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, Foodservice, the National Account Manager, Foodservice will be focused on maximizing the growth and profitability of the foodservice business by accelerating growth in the segment. This will include selling new products, and programs with existing customers in Foodservice as well as securing new customers. The National Account Manager will be responsible for executing new customer acquisition strategy and will be tasked with onboarding new customers, to drive new growth and profitability into the business.
- Develop, support, foster, and manage Foodservice national accounts.
- Achieve profitable sales growth by understanding the complexities of the customer’s business and building lasting relationships based on trust and integrity.
- Deliver against a growth agenda, pursuing business expansion opportunities with current customers and acquiring new customers.
- Establish strong grasp of product and process capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional support teams to execute customer projects with excellence and efficiency.
- Proactively develop key initiatives and targeted value propositions to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Enhance current relationships within existing customer base and develop new customer relationships by managing their expectations and delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
- Develop customer plans that may include annual or multi year agreements, strategic and tactical pricing, and promotional plans where applicable that align with overall strategic and operating plan.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategic customer plan for the top Foodservice customers in the portfolio
- Prepare effective and professional sales reports, presentations and reviews
- Negotiate agreements and pricing adjustments when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in the food industry (foodservice multi-unit account experience preferred but retail experience within food is acceptable).
- Foodservice Industry experience is an asset.
- Can deliver results and find solutions to close any gaps to plans
- Post-secondary degree required, ideally within Business Administration or related field
- Experience working with multiple internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and solve external customer issues.
- Has demonstrated complex customer negotiations.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously – how to prioritize, organize and ask for assistance as required.
- Able to adapt, understand and manage changes in situations, priorities, goals, and workload accordingly.
- Extensive understanding of top line sales and of the levers that impact profitability.
- Has demonstrated strong financial acumen including understanding of P&L and customer cost drivers.
- Knowledge of bottom-up budgeting and forecasting is ideal.
- A solution-oriented mindset with a focus on the customer.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and be able to lead with courage and conviction
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Professional, personable, detail oriented, ambitious and results driven.
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We thank you for your interest, however, please note that only those candidates that met the stipulated requirements will be contacted for an initial discussion.