Our client, a leading biotechnology company, is seeking a National Sales Manager to join their specialty team in Canada. The successful candidate will closely cooperate within the local leadership team and the broader cross-functional brand team to develop an entire specialty sales field team in the Canada.
- Build, develop, and lead a high-performing sales team delivering on sales goals through quality customer interactions in conjunction with HR and Talent Development training programs.
- Provide overall leadership in ensuring strong, consistent team performance of the sales specialist team that meets/exceeds brand objectives, while demonstrating accountability for results.
- Provide direct reports with appropriate and relevant feedback, coaching training interventions, development planning and talent management.
- Provide input into National, Regional and Local Account plans, ensuring plans are operationalized with clear tactical plans assigned to each team member.
- Assure Incentive Compensation plans are aligned to brand strategies, tactics and aligned to performance targets.
- Expand company reputation and relationships with key across therapy area.
- Ensure Field Specialists are viewed as clinical experts in their therapeutic areas.
- Ensure a successful and productive working relationship with cross-functional colleagues.
- Partner with multiple internal stakeholders to proactively analyze and address market dynamics and trends that support brand and collaboration objectives.
- Maintain the highest ethical and compliance standards, personally and throughout the sales team.
- BS/BA degree required, Master’s degree or other advanced education/certifications a plus.
- Experienced business/sales leader (10+ years overall biopharma experience; minimum of 5 years sales leadership/management in specialty care).
- Successful record of hiring, coaching, developing, promoting and retaining top talent and effectively managing team performance.
- Proven success and positive track record of sales performance with a high degree of integrity.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; should be an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence.
- Proven ability and success in coaching deep customer relationships
- Excellent planning, prioritization, communication and presentation skills.
- Sales technology competent in developing sales data and CRM systems.
- Strong ability to partner and collaborate.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required 30-40%, some on weekends for conferences and meetings.
- Highest personal values and ethical standards.
- Fluent English language skills required. French language skills advantageous.
- Experience in Oncology therapeutic area preferred.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with 11 offices in Canada and one in the United States, a staff of more than 30 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on client needs and candidate goals.
Follow us on LinkedIn!