Our client is a Halifax-based property management company known for setting standards of excellence in residential accommodation, development, and commercial leasing. They are currently seeking a qualified, Site Superintendent for one of their properties.
- Conduct pre-construction inspections to verify project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Execute and monitor project construction schedule;
- Supervise and co-ordinate tasks and activities of contractors and/or vendors to ensure satisfactory completion of works;
- Monitor and inspect the work of contractors and/or vendors to ensure the quality of work and adherence to the project schedule;
- Ensure work, or variations to contract scope, are within contract terms and budget;
- Negotiate with contractors and/or vendors as required to drive budget and schedule adherence
- Track progress and identify risks with the potential to impact budget and schedule;
- Consult with contractors and consultants to resolve day-to-day construction and design issues;
- Order construction materials and coordinate site deliveries as required;
- Maintain an up-to-date daily site log for material and resource tracking;
- Conduct deficiency walk-throughs, and manage resolution with contractors and/or vendors;
- Conduct pre-delivery inspections with the internal Operations team;
- Coordinate final consultant reviews and inspections by Authorities Having Jurisdiction as required;
- Review and approve contractor and/or vendor invoices for payment;
- Chair daily/weekly trade and health & safety meetings on site as required;
- Provide daily/weekly project updates to the project manager;
- Monitor and enforce WSIB compliance;
- Works within and manages Universal’s policy expectations throughout the project.
- Construction Site Supervisor with minimum 5-7 years of experience in high-rise residential/commercial renovation and/or new construction;
- College diploma in appropriate construction or project management-related field is considered an asset;
- Gold Seal certified a definite asset;
- Level 1 First Aid required;
- Strong management, planning, leadership, and organizational skills;
- Ability to influence and achieve consensus amongst cross-functional teams in a timely manner.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques;
- Well-versed with applicable building codes, Health & Safety, and WSIB regulations;
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings and specifications;
- Ability to work well with customers, trades, fellow employees, and managers;
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills, and detail-oriented;
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Microsoft Project considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.