We are currently recruiting for an exciting Sous Chef role with one of the most desirable and fastest-growing gaming and entertainment companies in Canada! This position will be part of a reputable culinary team within one significant site with the opportunity to work across the multiple outlets within that site over time. This will allow the successful candidate to learn different culinary styles and leadership techniques.
My client is looking for an accomplished and skilled culinary professional to be a key member of the team to ensure guest expectations are exceeded. This role will require a strong passion for Culinary Arts and an eagerness to join a dynamic, evolving workplace that will provide many opportunities to grow and develop. This role requires a strong people manager who is well-rounded in all areas of the kitchen.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE WOULD REQUIRE THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE TO LIVE, OR RE-LOCATE TO, THE ORILLIA/BARRIE/GRAVENHURST/MIDLAND AREA.
- Provide leadership and guidance in leading the team
- Handle stressful situations in an appropriate manner
- Prepare written reports and processes in a large multi unit operation
- Work a variety of shifts as required
- Other duties as required
- Manage with a very hands-on approach
What You’ll Require
- Red Seal would be an asset
- A passion for the Culinary arts
- A Culinarian who is excited by an ever-changing workplace and one that provides several different types of opportunities to grow and develop
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive culinary experience in a large kitchen, with a minimum of two (2) years as a Chef de Partie
- Strong people management skills
- Well-rounded in all areas of the kitchen including a basic knowledge of Pastry
- Must participate in a three (3) course cooking test during interview process
- Experience in Banquet or catering would be an asset
- White table cloth or casual dining Restaurant experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and good computer skills
We thank you for your interest, however, please note that only those candidates that met the stipulated requirements will be contacted for an initial discussion.