VP – Commercial Banking
Vancouver, BC (Hybrid)
Our client is a leading entity in the commercial banking field, and proud of the culture they have developed. Trevor Martin of Lock Search Group has been tasked to find a professional who is looking to grow their career with a leading Canadian Financial institution, as a VP – Commercial Banking. If you like to work in an environment that boasts and inclusive and team oriented focus and has a hybrid working model, please keep reading.
The emphasis of the incoming Vice President will be on business development initiatives. Focus is on cultivating enduring partnerships with clients and fostering continuous development within individuals and teams. Robust partnerships are established with peer leaders in various business lines, such as Wealth, Real Estate, and Equipment Financing. Through collaborative leadership practices, including coaching and mentoring, a vibrant culture is created that embraces diverse thinking, emphasizing the development of unique solutions aligned with clients' pursuit of excellence. Additionally, dedicated efforts are put into managing and monitoring credit risk associated with lending portfolios, ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies.
- Spearheading and guiding business development initiatives
- Collaborating with a team of 6 direct reports and approximately 50 indirect reports to ensure successful outcomes
- Cultivating enduring partnerships with clients and fostering the continuous development of individuals and teams
- Establishing robust partnerships with peer leaders in other lines of business, such as Wealth, Real Estate, and Equipment Financing
- Employing collaborative leadership practices, including coaching and mentoring, to foster a vibrant culture that embraces diverse thinking, emphasizing the creation of unique solutions aligned with our clients' pursuit of excellence
- Managing and monitoring credit risk associated with lending portfolios, ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Coordinating with various internal departments, including People & Culture, Communications & Strategy
- Preferred qualifications include a university degree with a focus on Finance
- 10+ years of extensive financial expertise, encompassing large-scale team leadership, management, credit, and structuring experiences, along with an undergraduate degree in business, finance, commerce, or a related field
- Background in Commercial Banking
- Proven track record of successfully initiating and implementing strategic business plans
- Ability to capitalize on growth opportunities as they arise
- Demonstrated analytical skills for assessing risk, with a solid understanding of credit risk management
- In-depth knowledge of fiscal management, business finance, capital funding, contracts, and partnerships, applicable across all stages of business growth—from entrepreneurial startups to established and complex organizations
- Effective communication skills, fostering a positive, active, and connected community through diversity of thought
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities, facilitating effective interaction with diverse stakeholders
- Strong organizational and managerial acumen, coupled with the ability to adapt to and prioritize multiple demands to ensure timely and efficient results
- Analytical mindset enabling quick assimilation of new concepts and adaptation to a rapidly changing environment
In addition, the position offers:
- Competitive starting Salary & Bonus structure
- Hybrid work environment
- Company-funded health coverage with a health care spending account
- Flexible wellness program
- Organization-wide coaching services
- Education support & training programs
- Opportunities for growth
If the opportunity to work with an industry leading company, please apply in confidence by directly emailing your resume to Trevor Martin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.
Follow us on LinkedIn!