Key Account Manager – Industrial Distribution
Our client is one of Canada’s best managed companies, an award-winning Industrial Distributor and an industry leader within their sector. They have engaged Cameron Lappin from the Lock Search Group to help them find an exceptional individual to join their team in a Key Account Manager position to cover the Northern BC territory.
- Heavy focus on ‘Account Management’, and additional ‘Account Penetration’ within a large existing book of business
- Relationship management of key accounts, and working with multiple departments, and with multiple stakeholders
- Additional focus, on identify and prospecting new target customers and sales opportunities (20% of a sales month)
- Involvement with business development activities such as trade shows, conferences, meetings
- Acquire information regarding developments in the marketplace and competitive information
- Identify opportunities for growth in the marketplace; negotiate contracts to grow the new and established products
- Increase sales targets and profit margins
- Respond to customer issues and questions; liaise with internal team as needed
- Work closely and liaise with internal Prince George branch personnel, and Branch Management
- Maintain up-to-date product and client information on the CRM
- Prepare and generate forecasts and reports
- Keep current on product knowledge, provide expertise to customers
- Post-secondary diploma in Sales, Marketing, Business, or Engineering would be an asset
- 3+ years’ sales experience preferably within the Waterworks/Plumbing category
- Flexibility to travel is required
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills to build strong customer and collegial relationships
- Technical/mechanical knowledge and aptitude to promote and actively sell company’s product category is a must
- Home-based opportunity for those not based in Prince George
If the opportunity to work with an industry-leading company, who will be providing an attractive compensation program, RRSP matching contribution, and comprehensive benefits, is of interest to you, please reply in confidence.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.