CPG business leaders you do not want to miss this one! We are thrilled to be working on an exhilarating opportunity with an emerging plant-based food company seeking a Chief Operating Officer. In this unique position you will be working in collaboration with the President to build a strategic business with a very specific goal in mind. We are looking for an extremely strategic CPG business leader with North American and International business development experience where you can lend your capability and entrepreneurial spirit to scale operations across Retail, Food Service and Industrial food channels. If you are leaning into your screen right now with enthusiasm, then you should be excited to know there’s much more to this exciting and very rare opportunity.
As Chief Operating Officer, you will collaborate with the President to set and drive the organizational vision and operational strategy. You will translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management processes and conduct annual operational planning. Overseeing company operations, the execution of the people strategy and building organizational capacity will also be a priority. You will monitor compliance with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements within each region of business. You will also develop Sales, Marketing and Research & Development strategies and be the key point of contact for the Fractional CFO and Finance team.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, identify growth strategy (revenue and profit) by developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans to drive business, achieve annual growth and profit objectives
- Directly oversee Research & Development, Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams in a manner which is consistent with the business plans, and which drive to achieve and surpass sales, profit, and cash flow
- Identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and practices to achieve desired outcomes
- Champion an organizational culture of innovation and commitment to quality
- In collaboration with the CFO, develop operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to measure and monitor financial and organizational performance, providing regular updates to the President
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with all employees, key customers, clients, partners, and other stakeholders
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team. Develop and groom leadership talent and bench strength to position for expansion and growth.
- Lead the implementation of systems such as CRM and ERP’s, build strategy on which systems will best support the business
- Manage the co-manufacturing team to ensure product is meeting quality expectations and production is on track
- Work with key retailers in Retail and Food Service on Private Label initiatives to deepen customer relationships and drive incremental distribution
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field. Master’s degree an asset
- 10+ years experience in executive leadership positions with CPG Food Industry
- Track record of success in developing and implementing strategic plans to enter/grow business
- Fundraising experience and knowledge of capital markets
- International business experience in US, APAC and Europe
- Experience overseeing R&D projects with plant-based experience an asset
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Deep knowledge and proven success within Food Service and Retail including brokers in respective regions
- Hands on team player and motivational leader with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally to achieve optimal results
- Strong detail orientation, negotiation, problem solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the intellectual curiosity and personal drive to build and scale
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to convince, challenge, and influence
- Excellent presentation and selling skills across multiple audiences of management and national accounts
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong command of Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
It gets better. Through food science technology the team has formulated a product that is unique in the food industry. While we have several companies rushing into the plant-based food space this product stands alone making this opportunity that much more phenomenal.
The role will be primarily based out of the Vancouver office and we are looking to hire asap! The company is prepared to provide a competitive compensation package with a potential equity play included. This is truly an entrepreneurial position so if you are seeking to build a legacy in the CPG industry do not hesitate and reach out asap. I look forward to sharing more exciting details with you!
Have a great day!