Director of Ecommerce
Thanks for taking time to review this exciting and dynamic opportunity in the Consumer Health Food Industry. Our client, a solid and rapidly company with operations based in BC and California is seeking a highly skilled trailblazer to lead their E-commerce and Digital Marketing team. The position is cross-functional and requires an effective balance of sales, strategic planning, customer experience, creativity, financial acumen, and managerial skill. Their wide product range is in distribution across US and Canadian brick and mortar retailers. The team is now looking to supercharge their E-commerce Direct to Consumer Channel in addition to supporting key E-commerce Marketplaces as the next stage to their growth.
As the ideal candidate you possess an entrepreneurial spirt, self-starter discipline with previous experience successfully building and scaling E-commerce solutions supplemented by a proven track record digital marketing. Within this leadership role, you are someone who can offer mentorship to team members sharing insights and best practices across, direct-to-consumer, digital marketing, customer service and web UX. You are natural problem solver with a passion for food, technology and innovation accompanied by a keen ability to find creative and profitable solutions.
Reporting to the SVP of Sales, you will be responsible for strategizing, planning, recommending, and developing E-Commerce solutions that are more effectively and efficiently offered outside traditional retail and distribution channels. We are seeking someone who has the strategic ability to elevate all systems, processes, and the execution of expectations.
- Manage all E-Commerce and E-Retail accounts including Amazon, Walmart, Thrive Market in addition to grocery delivery services & Curbside/click and collect programs
- Provide thought leadership, innovation execution and process optimization initiatives such as implementing E-commerce software and other industry best practices
- Identify new areas of E-commerce opportunities beyond current brand offerings
- Work with Finance team on building out the P&L model for E-commerce to hit EBIDTA targets aligned with the overall strategic financial plan of the company.
- Work to synthesize & leverage multiple data points/insights (shopper, consumer, category, product) to create retail strategies that unlock growth in E-commerce
- Responsible for top-line sales and bottom-line profitability for all digital transactions
- Own the business plan for E-commerce inventory strategy, including selection, pricing, promotion, product display, product information, on-site search, and inventory
- Work closely with Supply Chain on inventory planning to ensure adequate availability for web and store allotments across all channels balancing transaction costs
- Develop and support implementation of all DTC strategies for the company, including, site navigation, SEO on-page optimization, usability, testing, and analytics
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, and Sales teams to ensure the marketing and promotional calendar is consistently coordinated to create a tight Omni-channel shopping experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Focus on digital marketing and E-commerce education preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience working with E-Commerce Retailers and DTC brands for a manufacturer. Experience working with an emerging brand and Consumer Packaged Goods industry a plus
- Strong commercial and E-commerce acumen, including knowledge of platforms such as Shopify, Instacart, Amazon, and Walmart
- Demonstrated strong business judgment; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives while working in a fast-paced business environment
- Omni Channel experience across CPG retail in Canada and US. Knowledge of channel management within CPG food
- Experience working cross functionally within a manufacturer including Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain
- Proven sales leader with experience executing large E-commerce projects
- Interest and passion in solving new and existing customer problems, the development of processes, and discovering new markets and opportunities
The company has a clear path to build a world class Consumer Health Food company and is offering a competitive compensation package accompanied by a flexible work environment. Ideal location would be in Vancouver or Los Angeles, but strong candidates located in other geographic regions will be considered.
If this opportunity has you excited do not hesitate to reach out. Looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply directly please send your resume to Ryan Berrecloth by using the “Apply Now” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.