Lock Search Group is pleased to present an exciting opportunity for a Controller in Edmonton, Alberta. Our client is a growing company looking to add a key member to their Executive Team.
This individual will be a recognized leader who can contribute to and work closely with the Leadership Team, guide and mentor staff, as well as comfortably liaise with banks, vendors and customers.
What you will be doing:
- Works as part of the management team to help set and implement corporate objectives. Oversees the GL, monthly financials, budget, and preparation of annual financials.
- Reviews and improves existing accounting procedures to ensure best practices, develops policies, and recommends improvements.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial information to appropriate groups, including internal parties, multiple government regulators, cross border tax filing, and other outside agencies
- Conducts cashflow projections, budgeting, analyses (i.e., key performance indicators, profitability by customer, etc.), cost accounting as appropriate, COGS analyses, forecasting, and working close with the General Sales Manager and the Supply Chain Manager.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Manager and/ or the Supply Chain Team, to review inventory levels and order patterns, and to resolve discrepancies.
- Tracks actual versus target for various bonus plans including commission for company sales representatives.
- Manages payroll and oversees the payables and receivables functions ensuring that monthly financial reports are produced in a timely manner.
- Experience working with the company’s IT consultants to ensure resources for new equipment, security, and regular network and program maintenance is an asset.
- Routine communications with bank and new sources of bank-related financing.
- Responsible for receivables insurance and regular communications with vendors.
- Other duties as may be reasonably assigned
The experience you bring:
- Accounting designation.
- 7+ years leadership and accounting experience with at least 5+ years’ experience in AR/AP.
- Strong knowledge of Employer/Employee rights and obligations and benefit administration.
- Experience working within a multi-currency, multinational ERP system.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft GP ERP system, Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel), and Cloud server environments.
- Refined ability to communicate, oversee and delegate responsibilities, and provide leadership and training to key personnel.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities. Capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment.
- Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, combined with exceptional organizational and decision-making skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.