Plant Manager – Food Manufacturing
Our client, a publicly traded manufacturer, is an entrepreneurial leader of Plant Based Protein products. They have asked Cameron Lappin of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Plant Manager to lead their operation in Patterson, California.
The Plant Manager will ensure execution and scheduling of daily production, as well as effective use of labour and related expenses. The Plant Manager will also work with the team to ensure the highest quality output is met, while working in a safe environment. In addition, provide leadership in the management of an engaged workforce. This leader while foster and promote Health & Safety practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations; as well as, the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensures training, communication, and initiatives are effectively communicated to plant employees
- Create a culture of safety and create and implement programs to address issues with OHS alongside the Safety team
- Support Production Supervisors in resolution of issues related to safety, quality, production priorities, material and man-hour allocations to meet designated targets and KPI’s
- Liaise closely with the Quality department and conduct regular inspection of the work in progress for finished goods to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Utilize lean management principles to review and analyse actual production processes in comparison to initial production plan/budget to recommend changes for future bids
- University degree/college diploma in engineering or manufacturing is preferred
- 3+ years of plant management experience in food manufacturing; or 5+ years in operations leadership from within food manufacturing sector
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple production projects at the same time
This leadership position comes with a competitive salary, bonus, stock options; as well, company paid health/dental benefits, car allowance and a health vacation plan.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.