VP OF ORIGINATION
As one of the countries leaders in the alternative mortgage and finance industry, our client has experience enormous growth over the last decade of over 300%! With continuous growth plans and expansion throughout Canada, we are partnered exclusively to recruit an experienced, driven leader as our VP of Origination based in Metro Vancouver.
The VP of Origination is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing loan origination strategies to maximize shareholder value. Collaborating with the CEO and the executive team, the VP of Origination will align business and growth strategies related to loan origination across Canada. Specific functions include, budgeting, forecasting, negotiating strategic deals, optimizing people acquisition and management strategies of the loan origination team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Along with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team, develop the loan origination strategy and oversee its successful resourcing and implementation
- Collaborate with the Chief Compliance Officer and VP of Marketing on business initiatives and opportunities
- Work with members of the management team to ensure regulatory, market and competitive threats are proactively managed and report to the CEO
- Collaborate with the management team to deliver and clearly articulate the key elements of the corporate culture and vision throughout the organization
- Identify new business opportunities and partnership development
- Develop and implement organic and inorganic growth tactics
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Stay abreast of changes in the market, industry and competitive landscape and, recommend and implement necessary changes
- Responsible for the P&L of the origination team (sales and sales operations) and report directly to the CEO
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Business degree BA / MBA with a concentration in Finance, Urban Land Economics/Real Estate preferred
- Minimum 5 years in senior management roles with successive capability and growth
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance, mortgage lending or related
- Collaborative, committed team-oriented leader and facilitator with broad credibility and executive presence, capable of garnering respect and motivating others toward timely and actionable outcomes.
- Strong sense of ownership and motivation, with demonstrated commitment to the values of quality and continuous improvement
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- An entrepreneurial spirit characterized by a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Experience in business development, corporate development, channel development and partnership development.
- Experience in a high growth environment, successful start-up experience ideal
- Proven success in developing high performance sales team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Diverse capability and strength in building, adjusting and negotiating legal frameworks and agreements
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and development
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Lock Search Group is a National Executive Recruitment firm with a dozen offices in Canada, a staff of more than 50 Consultants and Associates, and expertise in 11 major disciplines. Our mission is to provide exceptional Recruitment and Consulting Services to clients and candidates. We apply our experience and expertise to deliver solutions with a personalized approach that focuses on clients’ needs and candidates’ goals.